I have practiced many forms of exercise, sports, yoga, and other physical activities over my life and they have been generally good to me. I have had very few exercise-related injuries. However, I had many injuries in my life that I have healed successfully thanks to the knowledge I gained from my traditional teachers from Tibet, India, Japan, China, and my Western teachers as an exercise-based physiotherapist. I have been in many car accidents, a chemical explosion, hurt on several occasions while trying to stop fights, and have been hit many times by accident with people limbs and flying objects.
In my life I have managed to:
- fractured my neck in an accident
- bulged most of my lumbar discs
- puncture my lungs in an explosion
- had my abdomen and intestines pierced with a machete in India
- torn off my triceps muscle
- dislocated my knees (torn ACL and meniscus)
- dislocated my shoulder and broken my arm in several places,
- sprained my wrists and ankles running and falling
- dislocated and fractured my ribs (this painful for some weeks to say the least, but it luckily only hurt when I breathed!)
- fractured my hips falling off some scaffolding and
- damaged almost every other joint in my body in other accidents.
Although I did not like being injured, I am happy to report that I have personally treated all these injuries and either healed them or successfully managed them.
Masterclass: Joint Therapy
Simon Borg-Olivier MSc BAppSc(Physiotherapy) APAM c-IAYT has been teaching how to use posture, movement, breathing and mental control for health and well-being for 37 years, while also treating people as a physiotherapist. His unmatched wealth of knowledge comes from merging his deep understanding and research on modern medical science with what he learned from the great masters in Tibet, India, Japan and China.